One more tutorial in time for Valentines cookie baking......
- cookies in varying shapes with a string hold cut out (I used a wide straw)
- icing in your choice of colors
- nonpareils (I'm using Valentine-sy colors of red, pink, & white)
- a wide surface bowl, dish, or pan with sides (to keep the lovely nonpareils from escaping all over your kitchen...hee hee)
- twine, ribbon or string to match our icing colors
Outline your cookies with a #2 round tip including an extra line close to the outline to make your outside border be thicker to hold nonpareils. Be sure to outline the string hole if you'd like.
Fill in between the outline and the extra line to make your thick border. While it is wet, place it in your container with sides and sprinkle the nonpareils over all the icing areas.
Shake off the excess and let dry for 20-30 mnutes.
Flood the rest of the cookie with a #4 round tip and dry 30 minutes or more.
(Dry it more if it is red icing.....to prevent bleeding.)
Once the base is dry, add your text with a #1 round tip and dry overnight.
Tie cute twine or ribbon through your cookies and have fun displaying them anyway you like.
Enjoy your holiday baking and decorating......make lots of memories.
So many possibilities....so little time. :)