The key to any cookie's success is it's taste and texture.
Glaze icing is the CookieCrazie icing of choice because of it's fabulous taste and softer texture!
Unlike other decorating icings, it's taste is sweet with no after taste. The texture does not dry rock hard and chalky......but keeps a lighter, softer consistency. Because it dries slower, it gives extra time for decorating, less problems with clogging tips.....and even has an added benefit of being able to create texture on it's surface while it is partially dry. Air bubbles are not a major problem with glaze. And it leaves a shinier finish upon drying compared to other icings.
One of biggest advantages of glaze is it's simple list of ingredients that do NOT include eggs, thus making it vegan. It's pretty incredible that you can take three basic ingredients (powdered sugar, corn syrup, and water) to make an icing that can decorate with the best of them!
CookieCrazie Glaze Icing (Vegan)
1 lb (3-3/4 cups) powdered sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
approx 1/4 cup water
few drops Americolor Bright White Gel
Mix all ingredients together on lowest mixer setting. Mix well for at least one minute.
- This recipe covers approximately 20 medium cookies.
- Flavorings can be added before mixing up the glaze. I use 1/4 tsp almond extract and 1/8 tsp butter flavoring for this recipe, but it is totally a personal preference.
- Add Americolor Bright White Gel to the entire batch of glaze to avoid translucency.
- Keep the mixer on the low setting to prevent excessive bubbles.
- With no perishable ingredients, glaze can be kept 1-2 weeks at room temperature.