To make coneflower cookies you will need:
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Large circle cookie cutter
- Small circle cookie cutter
- Spade mini cookie cutter
- Your choice flower color 10-second Glaze
- Gold/Yellow 10-second Glaze
- Americolor gels (your choice brown/gold)
- Almond extract
Cut out coneflowers with two circle cutters and a mini spade cutter as shown in photo.
Bake and cool cookies.
Outline petals with glaze in your choice of color.
Outline bulb center of coneflower.
Flood petals and center.
Allow to dry overnight.
Using Americolor gels (I used some brown, gold, and white mixed together)
with a small amount of almond extract.....
...add detail to the coneflower center.
(Step not photographed: Add lines to petals to give them more dimension.)